Bonjour tout le monde!
Since we just moved to Paris, I have decided to document our experience! In honor of our very first week, I would like to give a quick recap of what I/we have done so far.
- ordered a pain au chocolat in French without Steve
- interviewed for a job
- explored the Montmartre area and the Sacre Coeur
- picnicked below the Tour Eiffel
- randomly run into LA friends (hi Olivia & Max!) in the 6th arrondissement (we just left the Louvre on bikes, they were heading there on foot).
- attempted to open a bank account
- drank at least one verre de vin every night
- signed up for French lessons
- stumbled upon the Moulin Rouge
- eaten at McDonald's (the shame... but Steve just had to try the Double Shiny Bacon)
- met up with a Chiat/VCU Brandcenter friend (Tiff!) who was in Paris on production
- found a cat cafe in the Marais - Le Cafe des Chats
- and many, many more...
Here are some of the things I'll be posting about: the cultural differences between US/LA & Paris, learning the French language, cooking as the Parisians do, dining in the city, exploring Paris on foot, traveling throughout Europe and at least a bit of advertising. Basically anything and everything that our day-to-day life consists of while we're living in the City of Lights. I'll also probably write a bit about us, our story, how we got to Paris and the journey from California to France.
Bon soirée and á bientôt!
P.S. My family sending us off (minus my parents, they were driving)! I'll miss your faces. =)
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14567081/?claim=dcfbdu2uuzx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>